Managing an online store is no easy task. If you sell shoes online, what draws the customers to you instead of the thousands of other shoe stores out there? There is no key to boosting your online sales. However, there are proven methods that can put you on the right track. Here are three great ways to boost your online sales.
1. Advertise Efficiently
If you’re struggling to increase your sales, odds are you don’t have a bunch of disposable cash laying around to pay for advertising. However, it is very important to be frugal with your advertising budget. There are plenty of ways to advertise efficiently online. Here are a few examples:
- Social Media Marketing: You can create a Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram account for free. Focus on creative and engaging content to help build a social media presence for your brand.
- Video Content: With nearly every computer equipped with a camera and free services like YouTube available, video content has never been easier to create. This is a great way to put a “face” to your brand. People like to buy from people. Get a pretty face in front of your brand and be recognized!
- SEO/Content Marketing: If you haven’t already done so, look in to creating a company blog. WordPress is a great tool for building and managing a blog. Optimize content for SEO to help build the brand.
2. Promotional Codes
Promotional codes (Promo Codes) serve as a great tool to attract new customers. Promo codes are very different than discounts, so it’s important to distinguish the difference. They can be advertised in various placing including your website. To give customers the incentive to complete their payment, promo codes are typically entered right before. A promo code can easily be the deciding factor to whether or not your customer completes their purchase.
3. Offer Multiple Payment Methods
The more payment options you provide for your customers the more “reach” your store will have. When you’re selecting a payment processing partner make sure you’re well aware of which payment options they offer. Customers always like to have options, so don’t sell yourself short on this one. Make sure you include these options:
- Credit Card or Debit Card: This is probably the most common form of payment, make sure you choose the right credit card processing partner for your business.
- eCheck: The payment world is moving away from traditional cash and card transactions and more towards online payment methods. eCheck’s offer a great alternative for those who prefer to be completely digital.
- Digital Wallets: Companies like PayPal and Due offer digital wallet solutions that allow customers to make purchases from the credit on their accounts.
- Bitcoin/Cryptocurrency: Bitcoin is becoming an increasingly popular payment method, especially internationally.
If you’re struggling to meet your sales goals for you commerce business, then look no further than these three tips. Your ROI won’t happen overnight, but keep hustling and you’ll be cash flow positive in no time!