A finance business called Due is based in Draper, Utah. Due to the fact that millions of potential clients visit our website each year, we are a top-growing financial technology firm.
A skilled and motivated Staff Writer for Financial News Writing is needed to expand our editorial staff. You will be in charge of writing excellent content as a Financial News Staff Writer for both our online and offline magazines. To create interesting and educational content that will capture our readers, you will work directly with our managing editor and other editorial team members. Additionally, you will collaborate directly with the SEO team to provide premium, in-demand content.
You will be working with the Content Team, which is composed of other writers, editors, and marketing specialists. Here at Due, we focus on generating organic traffic. Your goal will always be to retain current readers with high-quality, finance-related content and to acquire new readers wanting to get into the finance world. There are multiple types of writers here at Due, as some specialize in certain areas such as credit news, retirement, annuities, and other topics. As a Financial News Journalist, you will be primarily responsible for researching and creating content on up-to-date financial news.
• Conduct in-depth research on a variety of financial topics, such as stocks, bonds, commodities, currencies, and more, and create timely and reliable news pieces on those subjects.
• Track industry developments and breaking news to find and cover items that are pertinent to our audience.
• Create sources and keep in touch with analysts, business leaders, and other pertinent sources to stay up to date with the most recent trends and developments.
• Collaborate closely with our Managing Editor and other members of the editorial staff to guarantee that our reporting is factual, educational, and upholds our editorial standards.
• Write in an approachable style that is understandable to both inexperienced and seasoned investors.
• Ensure that all material adheres to our brand requirements and is SEO-optimized.
• Work with our design team to produce eye-catching illustrations and visualizations to go along with your content.
• A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, such as journalism, finance, economics, or English.
• Three or more years of experience writing financial news, ideally in a digital media setting.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent writing and editing abilities.
• Financial market knowledge, including an understanding of equities, bonds, commodities, currencies, and more.
• Capability to conduct research, gather data, and combine intricate financial concepts into writings that are simple and straightforward, and enjoyable to read.
• A keen analytical mind, the capacity to spot market trends and breaking news and the reporting of such information.
• Capability to work on your own and fulfill deadlines. You must be able to work independently and adhere to strict deadlines in order to be a Journalist News Writer.
• It’s a plus if you have experience with SEO optimization and social media advertising.
• Have experience with content management systems like WordPress.
• Excellent organizational abilities and the capacity to oversee several tasks at once.
• An intense interest in financial news.
We would love to hear from you if you are a gifted and enthusiastic financial news writer who is looking for a job in a fast-paced, exciting atmosphere. This is a wonderful chance to join a developing financial firm and work with a group of brilliant and encouraging writers and editors. We provide competitive pay, first-rate benefits, and a positive work environment.
Please send a cover letter, résumé, and writing samples that show off your capacity to generate relevant and instructive financial news pieces if you’re interested in the position.