I’ve fallen in love with the idea of visual branding. It all started back in the beginning of 2015 when my web designer and I teamed up to rebrand my website. What we created together was so amazing and invoked such a positive response from people that I started becoming curious as to how visual branding plays a role online.
Here are just some of the reactions I’ve gotten as a result of paying more attention to what my brand represents visually:
- I had a coaching client tell me that my website screams “Give me your money.”
- A very popular finance blogger said my website is one of the best designed he’s ever seen.
- I’ve been told my website helps people understand that finance can be both practical and beautiful. (Considering this is exactly what I was going for, this means a lot.)
- I won the industry award for Best Designed Personal Finance Blog of 2016.
- I was awarded the Best Finance Blog of 2016 by South Florida Bloggers. One of the major criteria was design.
So what is this visual branding thing?
Visual branding is exactly what it sounds like. It’s what your brand or company looks like. I would even go as far as to say it’s what it how people feel when they see your brand online. It’s a fascinating concept and one worth looking into this year.
Here are some of the ways you can boost your visual branding in 2016 and therefore also grow your business.
Work with a good designer.
Let’s face it, not all of us are good designers. We also just don’t have the time to design our own stuff. That’s why if you want to boost your visual branding, you’re going to have to partner up with someone who knows what they are doing.
That’s why if you want to boost your visual branding, you’re going to have to partner up with someone who knows what they are doing.
In my case, my main designer is both extremely talented and she’s been a fan of my work for years. She gets exactly what I’m trying to do, and it shows in the beautiful stuff we create together.
Focus on stuff like Instagram and Pinterest.
Depending on your business, you might want to start focusing on your visual branding on Instagram and Pinterest. Here are the reasons why I love both of these:
- Pinterest has increased my blog traffic significantly and it’s all run on autopilot. My most popular pin has been shared over 6,000 times and points to my highest converting blog post for affiliate sales.
- Instagram got me a couple of writing clients.
- I get a decent amount of traffic from Instagram too.
I also see how other bloggers have made significant strides in their businesses by incorporating these two And now that Instagram has Stories and Live Video it’s basically a one-stop-shop for all things visual branding.
While I’m more of a words and marketing copy type of person, I do have a major appreciation for good visual branding. I also see how it’s completely changed my business and it can change yours too. Make 2017 your year of visual branding.