When people think about great apps, the first things that usually comes to mind are the programs we use in our daily lives as consumers – Twitter, Waze, or Google Maps. But there are also phenomenal applications out there for your smartphone, tablet or PC that can help your business, too. Here are five great apps that can boost your company’s productivity as soon as they are downloaded.
- Dropbox Business. DropBox Business is a cloud-based digital file sharing service that allows users in your company to share, securely store, and collaborate on documents. Over half a billion people around the world are already using Dropbox in their daily lives. For businesses, the app can help streamline processes and keep disparate parts of a company more connected, and therefore more effective. Although not free, Dropbox Business is a reasonably priced service, and offers a low-cost way to boost your company’s productivity.
- Evernote. An app that started out as a great way to collect web clippings, pictures, and your own private musings has turned into a powerful business app as well. Evernote can help you take notes much more effectively than you could on a pad or paper, or any other app for that matter. Evernote Business, a platform designed for companies, enables groups of employees to share their notes and collaborate, all on an innovative, secure platform. Evernote is an incredibly powerful tool that can help you leverage the power of your workforce, all for a monthly subscription price of $12 per employee.
- Prezi. If you’ve ever watched an innovative TED Talk that included a visual presentation, chances are you have seen Prezi. The cloud-based presentation software will allow your company to communicate its ideas internally and externally more effectively than any other tool out there. The interface is extremely user-friendly and intuitive, and it enables users to easily incorporate multiple media forms into the presentation with ease. Prezi also allows multiple users to seamlessly collaborate on a single presentation, too. If you want to avoid those death by PowerPoint presentations you have suffered through over the years, Prezi is the way to go.
- Due. Though not an app per se, Due.com is a free digital wallet that makes you make and accept payments online. Though not yet a household name, its current capabilities and future potential earn it a worthy spot on our list.
- Skype for Business. With over 600 million users worldwide, Skype is by far the most popular video communication service out there. The company also has a platform for companies too, aptly named Skype for Business. Skype for Business allows companies to link up to 250 people into a single video teleconference, and to simultaneously push media like presentations or videos during the conference as well. Any company that has employees distributed geographically will want to ensure they have this powerful tool.
While there are tens of thousands of programs out there that can help your business, these five apps can enable your company to leverage the power of your employees, run and track daily operations, and collaborate more effectively. All of these apps are also extremely affordable, too – very important to consider this aspect when running a business -especially in its early stages. So don’t wait until your competition laps you, make sure your company is using these great apps today.