Money is often on everyone’s mind. If you’re an entrepreneur, you’re often thinking about how you can make more money, save money, and give back to others.
While you may be passionate about the purpose of your business or start-up, you need money to keep things operating, pay for team members and advertising, cover taxes, and save some profit.
Yet and still, you don’t want your thoughts about money to consume you and you want to be able to use money as a tool to fulfill your entrepreneurial dreams. Here are 5 inspirational quotes that can change the way you think about and view money in your business.
1. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn, entrepreneur, author, and motivational speaker
It’s so important to continue to self-educate when you’re an entrepreneur. Read books, go to conferences, listen to podcasts and soak in all the knowledge you can so you can apply it and increase your expertise.
Sometimes, self-educating costs money when you consider things like conferences, courses, training programs and coaching. I’ve spent an overwhelming amount of money on some of these things within the past year but I try to view these expenses as investments in myself and my business.
2. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison, inventor and businessman
It’s no secret, but entrepreneurs have to work hard to earn their money and start reaching success. Most people look at businesses and admire their impact after all the hard work has been done.
Sometimes, it takes years and lots of effort to reach your goals and earn the money you truly want. Be willing to put in the work to earn profit and increase your revenue year after year.
3. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – President Franklin D. Roosevelt
This quote is so true. When you start to earn more money with your business, realize that it won’t lead to long-term happiness. I find the most joy when I see my work impacting people’s lives and creating change.
I love receiving emails from people I’ve helped and I love the feeling I get when I’m creating something special for my audience. Some projects I work on don’t bring me any money in the beginning, but it makes me feel so excited and productive anyway.
4. “There are people who have money, and there are people who are rich.” – Coco Chanel, fashion designer
Your annual income is not equal to your net worth. When you make money, put it back into something that will allow you to build wealth and feel rich. Pay off your debt, invest in retirement, build up your savings, or invest in business tools that will make your life easier.
5. “Money, like emotions, is something you must control to keep your life on the right track.” – Natasha Munson, author, inspirational speaker and CEO of Be Magic, Inc.
Money should never be the end all be all. Use it to motivate you in your business but also view it as a tool you can use to get to the next level.
Did any of these quotes resonate with you or prompt you to change how you view money in your business?Why?