How to Request Access to Use the Due Payments API
At Due, we want to power businesses of all sizes with our seamless payments solution. If you own an online store, we’ve developed a payments API that allows you to easily integrate our Due payments with your platform. If you’re online store is built on WordPress, then you can follow our tutorial here to use our Due Payment Gateway for WooCommerce.
Follow this quick tutorial on how to request access and get started using Due’s payments API:
1. Enable Due Payments
First, you’ll need to create a free account with Due and Enable Due Payments. If you haven’t done so already, you can follow this tutorial to enable Due Payments.
2. Request Access to Use Payments API
In order to process payments with Due on your online store, we’ll need to verify your business first. Here’s how you can start the process
- Go to the ‘Payments’ tab in your settings.
- Click ‘Request Live API Access’
After clicking ‘Request Live API Access’ you will be asked to fill out the following:
- App Title: This is the name of your online store or business.
- App Domain: This is the active domain of your online store or business.
- App Description: This is a brief description of the products and or services you are selling on your website.
Important: In order for us to move forward with your request, you need to have an active domain. We need to be able to determine what products and or services you are selling on your website.
Once your request is sent you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org notifying you that your request has been received.
3. Set up Your SandBox Account For Testing
While we are reviewing your request, the next step is to setup a Due SandBox account for testing. We cannot issue live API credentials before you’ve tested the integration.
Here’s how to get setup in our SandBox environment. If you’re still having trouble, you can follow a more in depth tutorial on how to use our SandBox environment here.
- Signup For a SandBox Account
- Auto Enable Payments in Your Sandbox Account Settings
- Generate Your Sandbox API Key and App ID
- Review Our Developers Page
- Review Our API Docs
Now that you have your SandBox API key and SandBox App ID feel free to use our API docs to integrate our API with your online store. In the SandBox environment, make sure you are using both your SandBox API Key and SandBox App ID when testing.
Once you have finished testing, respond to the last email sent by email@example.com confirming that you’ve setup in SandBox and have finished testing.
4. Receive Live API Credentials and Start Processing!
If your account is approved, you will receive an email from support notifying you of your account approval. After you receive this email you’ll need to access your live API credentials in your Production Due Account.
- Make sure you go to the API tab in your Settings
- Once you’ve received the confirmation email, you will be able to access your live API Key and App ID in the ‘API’ tab in your Settings. If you do not see both your API Key and App ID in your settings contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Once you have your live credentials you are approved to use Due Payments for any or all of the following integrations.
- Due WooCommerce Plugin for WordPress
- Direct API Integration
- Due SDK’s
Once you complete these steps you will be able to process payments on your website at our extremely affordable 2.8% flat rate. You can also access transaction reports from the payments section in your Due account.
Stay tuned for constant Due Payment updates and improvements! You can also reach out to email@example.com at anytime for more information.